Jerry & Keith’s has updated the core policy effective November 1st. 2022. This policy update helps relieve any confusion as to the policy and procedures for handling brake and air/hydraulic cores, and battery cores. We believe that by implementing this policy update we can have a more transparent system that is better for our customers. The policy is outlined below, if you have any questions regarding the details please contact your sales representative, call us at (661) 327-4872, or email us.
JKI Core Policy
November 1st 2022
- Cores owed resulting from purchases of remanufactured products.
- Cores must be returned “like for like” (Example: 4311J will not be accepted in place of a 4709 core; and the same applies to air products.)
- Cores will no longer be banked.
Allotted Return Period
- Cores deemed “reusable” are eligible for credit if returned within 90 days from the original purchase date.
- JKI "MAY" exchange cores only with a managers permission, and only if the cores are present.
- Otherwise, all cores are billed at the time of purchase.
- Cores being delivered will NOT be exchanged, no exceptions.
- Cores customer requests J&K pick up that are not owed to J&K will be bought back at a price of $3 per core. This excludes 4515 cores. No buy-back is available for these cores.
- Cores returned and inspected within the allowed return period will result in core credit.
- All core transactions will be tracked by the core part number.
- Individual core units or value cannot be transferred between core numbers.
- Core returns will be applied to the invoice that it was purchases on.
- Returned cores will be valued at current published price.
- Shoe, air, and battery cores are NOT to be taken over the counter.
- Cores will be subject to a full inspection for defects and quantities by J&K prior to core credit or bank addition. If any defects, listed here or not, are discovered, the shoe will not be eligible for credit.
- Customers should check the following before sending used cores back to J&K:
- Brake Cores
- Flared or mushroomed roller and anchor ends
- Torch damage
- Bent webs
- Broken welds
- Excessive rust (rust jacking)
- Loose lining-stretch
- Air Cores
- Any obvious damage such as dents, broken posts and cracks in the threads.
- Brake Cores
- Please bring your original invoice that the cores were billed on to make the transaction as seamless as possible.
All non-genuine products will not be returnable.
- List includes most common defects and is not all-inclusive.