Jerry & Keith’s has created a new core policy effective February 1st, 2015. This new policy helps relieve any confusion as to the policy and procedures for handling both brake and air/hydraulic cores. We believe that by implementing this new policy we can have a more transparent system that is better for our customers. The policy is outlined below, if you have any questions regarding the details please contact your sales representative, call us at (661) 327-4872, or email us.
JKI Core Policy
- Cores owed resulting from purchases of remanufactured products.
- All Cores are returned “like for like” (Example: a 4515Q core will not be excepted in place of a 4707QP)
- Cores returned in excess of what is owed will result in a “banked” condition. Core banks can be initiated by purchasing or providing excess cores than owed.
Allotted Return Period
- All cores are eligible for credit if returned within 60 days from original purchase date.
- JKI does not “EXCHANGE” cores. All cores will be charged at time of purchase. Cores returned and inspected within the allowed return period will result in core credit. Excess cores or cores returned after the allotted time frame may be banked.
- All core transactions will be tracked by the core part number and dollar value.
- Individual core units or value cannot be transferred between core numbers.
- Core returns will be applied to the oldest eligible core purchase. Returned cores will be valued at current published price.
- Core returns which exceed core eligibilities will result in a core bank for that core number.
- A core bank balance can be reduced by purchasing remanufactured product against the specific core number or increased by returning more cores of the specific core number.
- Cores will be subject to a full inspection for defects and quantities by J&K prior to core credit or bank addition.
- All customers should check for the following before sending used cores back to J&K:
- Flared or mushroomed roller and anchor ends
- Torch damage
- Bent webs
- Broken welds
- Excessive rust (Rust Jacking)
- Loose liningStretch
- Any obvious damage
- Dents, broken posts or cracks, including cracks in the threads
- Any obvious damage
All non-genuine product will not be returnable